Birds flyin' high...

... you know how I feel...
OK, let's continue. This is the second card for my friend's Dad (see: previous post).
This time the idea was to decorate the '65' number, which I generated in MS Word. I made the frame using my 'blending tool' (a piece of kitchen sponge LOL) and distressing ink. 
The '5' has two birds on it: one on a twig and one sitting in the nest. The 'egg' is a tiny pom-pom. There are also three buttons, as three is a mythical (magical) number: you know: Holy Trinity, Three Musketeers, three wishes for the Golden Fish... LOL
The '6' has one bird on it, and there are some feathers and a twine.
The birds are being cut from the scrapbook sheet I bought lately via internet. They were too pale, I had to doodle the lines with a brown pen. I popped them out a little with a 3D tape. I used the twine to wrap the number and tie the feathers (those white traces is a wet glue, it goes transparent when dry, I was in a hurry while making those pics).
The flower is made of two, and they come from some disassembled decoration. They were originally pale-pink, but I inked every second petal with distressing ink.
You can find this card in the following challenges:

Don't forget to join my DT teams in the wonderful challenges taking place this week.
We are having a CHILD'S B'DAY challenge at
Photobucket 
and
a SUMMER SCENE challenge at
craftycreationschallenges 
If you think a little, it's easy to combine those two!
Don't miss the opportunity to win a price!

11 komentarze:

Dawn 31 sierpnia 2012 23:16  

Love your unusual card! Great use of twine!
Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez 31 sierpnia 2012 23:31  

Wow! What a gorgeous looking card! Love the total effect of all the techniques utilized on it. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Tribute to Someone Older than Us” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Lisa xx 1 września 2012 05:47  

Hi Anna, gorgeous card, very eye catching. thank you for joining in with the cutie pies

Yasmina TIN-SANG 1 września 2012 06:57  

Great card!! thank you for playing with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!
Hugs
Yasmina

Shell Shearer Swinscoe 1 września 2012 10:51  

Great card, love the layout & those birds look fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Crafty Mamma Mia 1 września 2012 13:41  

Hi Anna - this is a lovely card! Love the layout and all the details you added to the embellishments. Thanks for sharing it in our "Twine" challenge at The Crafty Pad this week.
Helen x (DT)

Cheryl 1 września 2012 15:25  

Beautiful! Thank you for joining the "Wings & Things" challenge at Paper and Such.

--Cheryl--

Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

Unknown 1 września 2012 19:20  

What a beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Sharon 1 września 2012 22:54  

Love this card. Very striking and love the added detail of the birds. Thanks for joining us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x

Dee's Craft Room 2 września 2012 12:31  

Fab card, love all the effects and embellishments.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Sheila 3 września 2012 11:21  

Lovely card, love all the different elements, thank you for joining the MTTC challenge, good luck x

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I design for

I design for

I design for

design team

I design for

I design for

And last but not least

And last but not least

Contact me at

annashandmadecards (at) gmail (dot) com

COPYRIGHTS

All the pics of cards posted here & the cards itselves were made by me, with my own hands. It would be an honour for me if you take them as your inspiration. You may post my pics on your blog, but only under condition, that you'll link them here, where they belong. Posting my cards as your own work is forbidden and will be punished according to author's rights.

My wonderful Followers!

Challenge Blogs

Obsługiwane przez usługę Blogger.